Monday 26 February 2007

The yummiest breakfast


This one of the nicest ways to start the day. And it is as easy as pie.
All the work, being done the day before. So all you have to do, is grab your spoon and head for the fridge. Then the eating begins. I think of this as a little bowl of healthy sunshine. Something that my Australian bones are missing terribly, after 4mths. of a dreary British winter.
I don't tend to have a recipe for this muesli. The combination changes every time, depending on what is in the cupboard. The base is rolled oats and bran, this combination probably makes up approx 2/3 of the mixture, the rest is dried fruit and nuts. The batch that I am currently eating includes sultana's, currents, linseed's,sunflower seeds, figs, and raisins. I generally tend to make up a bigger batch , that generally lasts me about two weeks. When stored in a closed container.
The preparation, once the muesli is made is as simple as grating some apple and adding some milk. I tend to make my breakfast while preparing the dinner the night before. I grab my cereal bowl, grated one apple into the bowl, pour over about 1/2 cup of the muesli and then pour in milk until it has just covered the muesli. Then it is into the fridge until you are awoken by tummy rumbles in the morning. Give it a quick stir before digging in.
The milk soaks into everything and the apples release a lovely sweetness. And it is so healthy, what more could you ask for.

No comments: